In 1868 ‘Koll & Companie’ was founded in Remscheid and dealt as hundreds of small factories in Remscheid with the production of solid steel saw blades. Nearly 100 years later, the first carbide-tipped circular saw blades has been established into the market.
Königsäge- a strong brand since 1868!
KOLL Programm 1928
Nowadays Koll & Cie. GmbH & Co. KG produces on a surface area of more than 20.000 square meters at two locations (Neunburg v. Wald, Bavaria and Schmalkalden, Thuringia) a diverse range of tools prevalent for woodworking – which makes us to one of the leading manufacurers of carbide-tipped circular saw blades and hedge trimmer blades in Europe.
The principal customers are machine manufacturers, distributors, fellow companies and wholesalers.
The headquarter is located in Neunburg vorm Wald.
The relocation to Bavaria has been taken place in several stages since December 1977.
Another major step was the purchase of Saefa GmbH in Schmalkalden (Thuringia) in 1990, which since then operates as an „extended workbench“ for Koll & Cie.
As part of this acquisition, the closedown of the production in Remscheid has been implemented step by step.
The distribution of all in the Koll Group manufactured products has been furthermore managed from Remscheid until 2010.
In recent years investment projects have been realized in the total amount of EUR 8.5 million at both locations.
Current KOLL Programm